Our minimalistic approach:
Let Dr. Moyal determine the most efficient way to achieve the desired results.
“My goal is to produce a relaxed and refreshed appearance while maintaining natural facial expressions.” – Dr. Yoel Moyal, MD CCFP-EM FCFP DipPDerm
PRP (Plasma Rich Platelets) for Men & Women
Plasma Rich Platelets (PRP) , also known as the Vampire Facelift, works by using the person’s own stimulating factors found in platelets to rejuvenate their skin. This allows a progressive improvement in the quality and texture of the skin, restoring vitality to (sun) damaged areas of the face, neck, hands and scalp. It is also used to treat scars and cheloids.
It can take 4-8 weeks before the results start to become progressively noticeable.
In most cases 2 -3 sessions at 4-6 week intervals are necessary before maximal results become apparent.
PRP – Vampire Facelift
Plasma Rich Platelets also known as The Vampire Facelift is an ingenious method of using the body’s own growth factors into rejuvenating collagen and other elements of the skin . The procedure consists of collecting a blood sample from the patient (1 or 2 small vials) and then separating the blood in the vials into red blood cells and plasma. This is done using a centrifuge located in the treatment room . Once the separation of plasma rich in platelets is obtained, the platelets are activated with a solution of calcium chloride and injected into the areas of interest. The entire procedure and consultation can take approximately 45 min.
Your First Visit & Treatment
Ready for your first visit? Learn more about what you need to know before your initial consultation.
Please prepare yourself in the following manner:
- Gather photos of you from 5, 10 and fifteen years ago in order to help determine the type of intervention required to restore your natural younger appearance
- Do not apply makeup, foundation or cream the day of your treatment. Alternatively, bring makeup remover with you to the clinic.
- Bring a list of your medications with you if you are currently taking medications, or have recently taken any.
- In most cases a cold pack will be applied for a few minutes before injections of Juvederm. No anesthesia is required. The Juvederm Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC come premixed with lidocaine (a local anaesthetic) If you have any allergies or sensitivities to lidocaine or any dental anaesthetic please advise Dr. Moyal .
- Read our FAQ below for answers to common questions.
Some information about your first visit:
- The first visit will last 30 – 45 minutes as there will be questions about your general health and time for discussion of questions or concerns you may have.
- Dr. Moyal will map out your facial muscles and take pictures of you with different expressions.
- In some cases a cold pack will be applied for a few minutes before injection of BOTOX.
- No anesthesia is required as pain is minimal. Injections are performed with ultra-fine diabetic needles.
- Dr Moyal will then proceed to treat the areas you have selected.
- Subsequent visits will lasts 15-30 minutes.
A minimalistic approach: If this is your first injection Dr Moyal will determine the smallest quantity of botox that will give the results desired. In subsequent visits the quantity can be increased if necessary. This approach will avoid overtreatment that can lead to a loss of expression or an overdone appearance. Our goal is to produce a relaxed and refreshed appearance by relaxing overworked muscles while conserving natural facial expressions.
Immediately after the treatment one can expect some swelling that will subside in 4-7 days after which time there is usually no evidence of the procedure. there may be bruising with the injection and this may take longer to subside.
- Massaging the area or sleeping on your face for the first 2 weeks.
- It is recommended to avoid intense physical exercise immediately after the intervention as this may increase bruising.
- For the following 2 weeks, avoid extreme temperatures such as sauna , hot tubs and ice baths.
- Avoid UV rays or sunlight as the areas of injections can become darker than the rest of the skin (hyperpigmentation).
- No laser treatments, radiofrequency, microdermabrasion, chemical peels or facial treatments should be undertaken in the 2 weeks following the treatment.
- Follow up visit: 1-2 weeks after your treatment, Dr Moyal will see you again to make sure you are satisfied with the results. It is at this time that adjustments will be made if necessary . In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns, DR Moyal is always available to his patients. You will be given his phone number and email.
- Frequency of visits and product longevity – In general, the thicker products such as Juvederm Ultra plus and Voluma will last longer. Treatment to the cheek area lasts approximately 12 months, the nasolabial lines 6-12 months and other areas less. The duration of the product varies from one individual to another. It is clear that areas with greater movement cause the product to be broken down faster.
- Lips are mobile and very vascularised – this leads to a faster breakdown of the product.
- Massaging or pressing on the area treated will also dissipate the product faster.
Frequently Asked Questions
[wpv-view name=”FAQ” cat=”prp”]