Our minimalistic approach
Let Dr. Moyal determine the most efficient way to achieve the desired results.
“My goal is to produce a relaxed and refreshed appearance while maintaining natural facial expressions.” – Dr. Yoel Moyal, MD CCFP-EM FCFP DipPDerm
Dermal Fillers for Men & Women
Dermal fillers such as Juvederm and other hyaluronic gels,can reverse the ageing process: skin is hydrated from within. this gives a refreshed, rested and youthful appearance.
Hyaluronic gels are used to erase lines and to reverse the ageing process of the face by strategically placing injections around the eyes, in the cheeks and jaw line.
Hyaluronic gels are sometimes used in combination with other products to optimize the results. Dr. Yoel Moyal will provide you with options and recommendations after the initial consultation.
Benefits of Juvederm and other hyaluronic gels
- You don’t need to wait for changes to appear – see them right away
- It lasts longer than collagen, which is why it’s more popular
- Save time, return to work the same day
- It’s reversible if you don’t like the results
As with any treatment, there are a few minor risks. As with any lip filler, inflammatory reactions (redness, swelling, etc.), along with irritation or pain upon application of pressure, may occur after the initial injection. These reactions are typically temporary in nature. Lumps or nodules may appear at the injection site. Very rare cases of reversible colouring at the injection area have been reported.
Rare cases of necrosis in the glabellar area, abscesses, granuloma, and hypersensitivity have been reported after injections of hyaluronic acid. You should be sure to report any concerns or discomfort you experience to your practitioner immediately.
What our Patients are Saying
Source: Dr. Yoel Moyal
Warning: These pictures only display examples of the desired results. They do not guarantee these results.
Your First Visit & Treatment
Ready for your first visit? Learn more about what you need to know before your initial consultation.
Please prepare yourself in the following manner:
- Gather photos of you from 5, 10 and fifteen years ago in order to help determine the type of intervention required to restore your natural younger appearance
- Do not apply makeup, foundation or cream the day of your treatment. Alternatively, bring makeup remover with you to the clinic.
- Bring a list of your medications with you if you are currently taking medications, or have recently.
- In most cases a cold pack will be applied for a few minutes before injections of Juvederm. No anesthesia is required The Juvederm Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC come premixed with lidocaine (a local anaesthetic) If you have any allergies or sensitivities to lidocaine or any dental anaesthetic please advise Dr. Moyal .
- Read our FAQ below for answers to common questions.
Some information about your first visit:
- The first visit will last 30 – 45 minutes as there will be questions about your general health and time for discussion of questions or concerns you may have.
- Dr. Moyal will map out your facial muscles and take pictures of you with different expressions.
- In some cases a cold pack will be applied for a few minutes before injection of BOTOX.
- No anesthesia is required as pain is minimal. Injections are performed with ultra-fine diabetic needles.
- Dr Moyal will then proceed to treat the areas you have selected.
- Subsequent visits will lasts 15-30 minutes.
Our minimalistic approach: If this is your first injection, Dr Moyal will determine the smallest quantity of Juvederm that will give the desired results. In subsequent visits, the quantity of Juvederm can be increased if necessary. This approach will avoid overtreatment with Juvederm that can lead to a loss of expression. Our goal is to produce a relaxed and refreshed appearance by relaxing overworked muscles while maintaining the ability to have natural facial expressions.
Learn more on what to do and not do after your first treatment.
It is important to exercise the muscles that have been treated to ensure the absorption of BOTOX into the treated areas and to avoid diffusion into undesired areas.
- Massaging the area or sleeping on your face for the first 2 weeks.
- It is recommended to avoid intense physical exercise immediately after as this may increase bruising.
- For the following 2 weeks avoid extreme temperatures such as sauna , hot tubs and ice baths.
- Avoid UV rays or sunlight as the areas of injections can become darker than the rest of the skin (hyperpigmentation).
- No laser treatments, radiofrequency, microdermabrasion, chemical peels or facial treatments should be undertaken in the 2 weeks following the treatment.
- Follow up visit: 1-2 weeks after your treatment, Dr Moyal will see you again to make sure you are satisfied with the results. It is at this time that adjustments will be made if necessary . In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns, DR Moyal is always available to his patients. You will be given his phone number and email.
- Frequency of visits and product longevity – In general, the thicker products such as Juvederm Ultra plus and Voluma will last longer. Treatments to the cheek area lasts approximately 12 months, the nasolabial lines 6-12 months and other areas less. The duration of the product varies from one individual to another. It is clear that areas with greater movement cause the product to be broken down faster.
- Lips are mobile and very vascularised – this leads to a faster breakdown of the product.
- Massaging or pressing on the area treated will also dissipate the product faster.
Frequently Asked Questions
[wpv-view name=”FAQ” cat=”juvederm”]