A minimalistic approach
Let Dr. Yoel Moyal determine the most efficient way to achieve results with minimal treatment.
“My goal is to produce a relaxed and refreshed appearance while maintaining a natural facial expression.” – Dr. Yoel Moyal, MD CCFP-EM FCFP DipPDerm
BOTOX and dermal fillers for Men & Women
BOTOX is the most popular, non-surgical cosmetic treatment in North America for temporary reduction and elimination of frown lines, forehead creases, crow’s feet near the eyes and thick bands in the neck. By temporarily blocking the nerve impulses, the muscles that cause wrinkles relax, giving the skin a smoother and more refreshed appearance.
BOTOX helps to soften wrinkles caused by repetitive expressions such as squinting or grimacing. These repetitive movements cause the underlying muscle to become disproportionately stronger. Botox relaxes these muscles and allows them to regain a normal size , this causes unwanted wrinkles to soften or disappear.
The use of BOTOX and dermal fillers is now administered in combination with Plasma Rich Platelets (PRP) for an even more synergistic result.
Benefits of BOTOX
- Tried and tested therapeutic choice used by millions of people for true and lasting anti-aging effects.
- It is safe, effective and used for wrinkle therapy since 1989.
- There is no downtime as the traces of the Botox mostly disappear within 20 min
- The botox injection procedure lasts approximately 15-20 minutes
- Appropriate doses allow softening of harsh expressions while keeping a natural movement and facial expressions
- The results last three to four months and can have a cumulative effect after the first few treatments
Despite using a very small hypodermic needle, there can be Bruising and pain at the site of injection of the BOTOX – this is rare. Despite proper technique by the trained injector and proper aftercare by the patient there is a 2% possibility of the Botox cosmetic affecting the eyelid or brow and causing a droop. It is treatable with eye drops, it’s mild and lasts approximately 3 weeks after which time the eye drops are no longer necessary.
What our Patients are Saying
Your First Visit & Treatment
Please prepare yourself in the following manner:
- Gather photos of you from 5, 10 and fifteen years ago in order to help determine the type of intervention required to restore your natural younger appearance
- Do not apply makeup, foundation or cream the day of your treatment. Alternatively, bring makeup remover with you to the clinic.
- Bring a list of your medications with you if you are currently taking medications, or have recently.
- Avoiding bruising: Taking Advil or other Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Vitamin E, Coumadin or other anti-coagulants (blood thinners) can increase the occurrence of bruising. You may wish to discontinue the use of Advil or other-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory and Vitamin E if these products are taken as needed. You may not discontinue the use of Coumadin or other other anti-coagulants (blood thinners) as these are prescribed for serious medical conditions and must be maintained. You may try a natural product named Arnica Montana to decrease the occurrence of bruising.
- Read our FAQ below for answers to common questions.
Some information about your first visit:
- The first visit will last 30 – 45 minutes as there will be questions about your general health and time for discussion of questions or concerns you may have.
- Dr. Moyal will map out your facial muscles and take pictures of you with different expressions.
- In some cases a cold pack will be applied for a few minutes before the injection of BOTOX.
- No anesthesia is required as pain is minimal. Injections are performed with ultra-fine diabetic needles.
- Dr Moyal will then proceed to treat the areas you have selected.
- Subsequent visits will lasts 15-20 minutes.
Our minimalist approach: If this is your first injection, Dr Moyal will determine the smallest quantity of BOTOX that will give the desired results. In subsequent visits, the quantity of BOTOX can be increased if necessary. This approach will avoid overtreatment with BOTOX that can lead to a loss of expression. Our goal is to produce a relaxed and refreshed appearance by relaxing overworked muscles while conserving the ability to have natural facial expressions.
It is important to exercise the muscles that have been treated to ensure the absorption of BOTOX into the treated areas and to avoid diffusion into undesired areas.
- Massaging, rubbing or touching the treated areas, you may apply foundation and make up by applying these lightly.
- Avoid lying down or bending forward for 4 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid aerobic exercise till the following day
Seeing a Difference
You will start to see the effects of BOTOX as early as 4 days but these can take up to 14 days to become noticeable.
Follow up visit: 1-2 weeks after your treatment, Dr Moyal will see you again to make sure you are satisfied with the results. It is at this time that adjustments will be made if necessary. In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns, Dr Moyal is always available to his patients. You will be given his phone number and email.
Frequency of visits –for the first year, treatments with BOTOX usually occur every 3-4 months . After one year of regular treatments either the quantity of BOTOX is reduced at every treatment or the number of treatments per year is reduced. In some cases both the quantity of BOTOX and the number of treatments are reduced.
Source: Dr. Yoel Moyal
Warning: These pictures only display examples of the desired results. They do not guarantee these results.
Hyperhidrosis – Excessive sweating : Axillae (underarms), Palms and Soles
BOTOX® Therapeutic is now used to treat excessive sweating of the forehead, scalp, underarms, palms and feet. Small quantities are injected with a very fine needle in the affected areas. The effects are noticeable after 10 days and last for 4 -12 months.
Definition of Hyperhidrosis
Sweating in excess of that required for regulation of body temperature
Hyperhidrosis can also be defined as sweating that interferes with daily work,leisure or social activities to the extent that it causes anxiety or avoidance of activities that cause sweating.
Hyperhidrosis can cause trouble holding objects such as a pen or tools, trouble doing paperwork due to sweat. People who suffer from excessive sweating avoid shaking people’s hands, activities such as sports, making public presentations or public speaking due to the fear of sweating in public settings .Some have issues with intimacy.
- Creams or lotions applied to the affected area (topical).
- Iontophoresis is a non-invasive method that delivers a current to the surface of the affected area to reduce the activity of sweat glands-it is used for hyperhidrosis of the palms of the hands and soles of the feet.
- Systemic drugs that diminish the production of sweat by glands in the body, they are usually anticholinergic in nature and include :
- Solifenacin (vesicare), propantheline(Probanthine), Oxybutynin (Ditropan),
- Glycopyrollate (Robinul, Avert) and Benztropine (cogentin).
- Injections of Botulin toxin such as BOTOX® Therapeutic to the affected areas can be considered if other methods are unsuccessful or side effects are not tolerated.
Cost: $825 first vial, $625 per additional vial (taxes do not apply to this medical treatment)
TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint – or jaw joint)
The TMJ syndrome is a painful syndrome often caused by repetitive jaw clenching or teeth grinding (Bruxism) that occurs consciously or unconsciously (especially during sleep in the latter case). The muscles of the jaw become very strong and tense. The constant pressure can damage the Temporomandibular joint and cause clicking of the jaw when chewing.This condition can be painful , often felt at the pre-auricular area (area in front of the ear). Some people wake up with a temporal or frontal headache due to the overnight contraction of the temporalis muscle.
- Self conditioning: teaching oneself to keep their mouth open (instead of clenching one’s jaw) when sleeping or during the day.
- Mouth guards: these are worn at night to prevent damaging teeth from the excessive force of jaw clenching or teeth grinding (bruxism).
- Injections of Botulin Toxin (we use BOTOX® Therapeutic):
- Botox injections are used to weaken and decrease the size of the the temporal and masseter muscles thereby reducing the force of muscle contraction. This reduces the force and tension on the TM joint and teeth.
- As there are many causes of TMJ, BOTOX may not work for everyone. Careful evaluation and assessment of benefits and risks must be made before undertaking this kind of treatment.
- If you suffer from this condition, visit your doctor or make an appointment at our clinic for an evaluation.
Frequently Asked Questions & Myths
[wpv-view name=”FAQ” cat=”botox”]